At boxfox Pty Ltd (ACN 622 309 255) (“boxfox”, “we”, “our” or “us”) we recognise the importance of your privacy and understand your concerns regarding the security of the personal information which you provide to us.
While our Services may contain links to websites owned by third parties, those websites are not subject to our privacy standards, policies and procedures. We recommend that you make your own enquiries as to the privacy policies of these third parties and we are in no way responsible for the privacy practices of these parties.
1. Definition of personal information
“Personal information” or “personal data” means any information relating to a natural person who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, or an online identifier.
2. How we collect and hold personal information
We collect certain personal information directly from you. For example, you provide us with personal information about yourself when you:
- register or log in to your account
- start, sign or review an electronic document
- create or edit your user profile
- contact customer support
- email us or call us
- comment on our blogs or in community forums
- otherwise submit information to us via the Services.
We may also collect information about you from other sources, such as from third parties.
If we receive personal information that we have not requested (unsolicited information) then we will destroy or de-identify the information if it is lawful and reasonable to do so.
3. What personal information we collect and hold
Information collected directly from you
We may obtain certain personal information from you when you choose to provide it to us.
Examples of the types of personal information that we may collect from you include:
- contact information, such as your name, postal address, postcode, email address and telephone number
- any other personal information you upload or submit to our Services.
Information we collect automatically
We may automatically collect information from you and your devices when you use our Services. This may include your IP address, the type of browser and device you use to access the Services, the web page you visited before coming to our websites, and other identifiers associated with your devices.
Our websites are not designed to respond to “do not track” signals from browsers.
We may use third-party web analytics services on our Services, such as Google Analytics. These service providers help us analyse how users use our Services.
Information we collect from other sources
We may collect information about you from other sources, such as third-party service providers whose products integrate with our Services or other independent third parties who are legally allowed to share your information with us.
We use technologies like cookies, pixel tags and web beacons to recognise you when you visit our website or use our Services and to provide, improve, protect and promote our Services.
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small text file which is placed on your computer or device by our web page servers when you access our Services. The purpose of a cookie is to help analyse web traffic and to allow our Services to respond to you when you return to our Services. Cookies are also used to enhance the secure use of our Services. Cookies are frequently used and in themselves do not identify the user, just the computer used.
When you browse our website or use our Services, we may record geographical tagging, cookies and statistical data. This may include your IP address, date and time of your visit, operating system, language preferences, device characteristics, pages visited, information downloaded and type of browser used to access the Services. Cookies help us remember your username for your next visit, remember information regarding your recent activity, and understand how you are interacting with our Services so that we can improve them based on that information.
We also may use web beacons on our Services. A web beacon, also known as a pixel tag or clear GIF, may be used to transmit information collected through cookies to our service providers’ servers, such as the server of Google AdWords. These web beacons enable our service providers to compile anonymous information about your browsing activity on the Services.
You can choose if and how a cookie will be accepted by configuring your preferences and options in your browser. However, if you decide not to display cookies you may not experience optimum performance of our website.
5. Why we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information
We collect, hold, use and disclose personal information from you or about you where it is reasonably necessary for us to carry out our business functions and activities and as necessary to provide the Services to you. We also collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for related purposes that you would reasonably expect, such as our administrative and accounting functions.
For example, we may use the information obtained through the Services at your request to:
- create and manage your account
- market features, products or special events using email or send you marketing communications about third-party products and services we think may be of interest to you
- permit you to participate in blogs, forums and discussion groups
- respond to and communicate with you about your requests, questions and comments
- process claims we receive in connection with our Services.
If we do not collect, hold, use or disclose your personal information, or if you do not consent, then we may not be able to answer your enquiry, complete the transaction you have entered into, or provide our Services to you to the best of our ability.
- recognise your device when you use the Services
- manage our Services
- offer and provide products, services and information to you
- operate, evaluate and improve our business
- analyse your use of the Services
- personalise the Services, including targeted advertisements that may be of particular interest to you
- help diagnose technical and service problems
- identify users of our Services
- gather demographic information about our users.
We use such information to help us to make decisions about maintaining and improving our Services and to assist us in providing an effective service (e.g. to adapt our Services to the needs of your device or to allow you to log in to our Services).
We may also use your personal information for purposes which are required by law such as sharing your personal information in order to comply with legal obligations to which we are subject.
6. Ad networks
We may use the features of Google Analytics for Display Advertisers. That includes obtaining specific visitor cookie data, such as the source, medium and keywords used to visit our Services.
We may use your information to offer you products and services that we think may be of interest to you, unless you have opted out of marketing communications.
We will never provide your information to third parties for marketing purposes without receiving your consent.
8. Lawful basis for processing your information
We normally collect or use information from you where we have your consent to do so, where we need the information to perform a contract with you or to provide our services or products to you upon your request, or where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protection interests or rights and freedoms.
For example, when we:
- use information to create and manage your account, we need it in order to provide the relevant Services
- use information to effect a transaction you have requested, we need it in order to provide you with the product or Services you are purchasing
- use names and email addresses for email marketing purposes, we do so with your consent (which you can revoke at any time)
- gather usage data and analyse it to improve our Services, we do so based on our legitimate interest in safeguarding and improving our Services.
9. Disclosure of information
Information shared to third parties
We may share your personal information:
- to companies that are related to us through common ownership
- to contractors or third parties that support or assist us in providing our Services to you
- with third-party integration partners whose products integrate with our Services.
Our service providers promise to safeguard your personal information and are not permitted to use it for their own purposes.
Where we wish to use or disclose your personal information for other purposes, we will obtain your prior consent.
Otherwise, we will only disclose your personal information to third parties without your consent if the disclosure is:
- necessary to protect or enforce our legal rights or interests or to defend any claims
- necessary to prevent or lessen a serious threat to a person’s health or safety
- required or authorised by law
- permitted by another exception in the applicable privacy laws.
Information shared to your administrator
Your administrator may have the ability to access and control your boxfox account. They will be able to access the personal information that is submitted to our Services by you, including any reviews and feedback you provide.
Third-party analytics services
We may use third-party web analytics services on our Services, such as Google Analytics. These service providers help us analyse how users use our Services. The information collected for this purpose (including your IP address and other information collected by automated means) will be disclosed to or collected directly by these service providers. These service providers may retain and use anonymised, aggregated data collected from users of our Services in connection with their own businesses, including in order to improve their products and services.
In the event that we undergo reorganisation or are sold to a third party, any personal information we hold about you may be transferred to that reorganised entity or third party in compliance with applicable law.
10. How we protect your personal information
We respect the privacy of personal information and will take reasonable steps to keep it strictly confidential.
Your personal information may be held and stored on paper, by electronic means or both. We have physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in place for personal information and take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is protected from misuse, interference or loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
The steps we take to protect your personal information include:
- Data held and stored on paper is stored in lockable offices and in secure premises.
- Data held and stored electronically is protected by internal and external firewalls, limited access via file passwords, and files designated read-only or no access.
- When transferring information to others, we ensure that appropriate and suitable safeguards and data protection measures are in place to protect your personal information.
- Where we disclose personal information to third parties our contractual arrangements with them include specific privacy requirements.
- Only authorised personnel will have access to personal information.
- Our staff receive training on privacy procedures.
While we cannot ensure or guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration of information will never occur, we use all reasonable efforts to prevent it.
You should bear in mind that submitting information over the internet is never entirely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of information you submit via our website while it is in transit over the internet and any such submission is at your own risk.
11. Overseas transfers of information
We aim to only hold and store your data in the country in which you reside or in which you accessed the Services. However, your personal information may be transferred to affiliates in other countries. By using our Services you consent to such disclosure. We will only disclose your information to such locations if permitted by law.
If your personal information is disclosed to another country we will ensure that any disclosure is in accordance with relevant laws, and that appropriate safeguards are put in place.
12. Retention of information
We will only retain your personal information for as long as is reasonably necessary in relation to the purposes for which it was collected. We will also retain personal information to ensure compliance with any applicable statutory or regulatory obligations imposed on us in relation to the retention of records.
Where you have requested that we stop processing your personal information for marketing purposes, we may retain a record of your request to ensure we abide by your request in the future.
13. Destruction and de-identification
When your information is no longer needed, or if you request that we delete any personal information which we hold about you, we will use secure methods to destroy or to permanently de-identify your personal information. For example, paper records are shredded or destroyed securely and any electronic records are deleted from all locations, to the best of our ability, or permanently de-identified.
14. Your rights
Under the legislation applicable to you, you may be entitled to exercise some or all of the following rights:
- Request (i) information as to whether your personal information is retained; and (ii) access to and/or duplicates of your personal information retained, including the purposes of the processing, the categories of personal information concerned and the data recipients as well as potential retention periods.
- Request rectification, erasure, removal or restriction of your personal information, for example, because (i) it is incomplete or inaccurate; (ii) it is no longer needed for the purposes for which it was collected; or (iii) the consent on which the processing was based has been withdrawn.
- Refuse to provide us with or withdraw your consent to processing of your personal information at any time.
- Object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, that your personal information shall be subject to processing. In this case, please provide us with information about your particular situation. After the assessment of the facts presented by you we will either stop processing your personal information or present to you our compelling legitimate grounds for ongoing processing.
- Object to us sending you direct marketing and profiling you for the purpose of direct marketing.
- Object to your data being subject to any automated decision-making, including profiling (decisions based on data processing by automatic means, for the purpose of assessing several personal aspects).
- In certain circumstances receive your personal information that you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit that data to another controller without hindrance from us.
- Lodge a complaint regarding our processing of your personal information with a relevant authority in a country where you live, work or where you believe a breach may have occurred, or take legal action in relation to any potential breach of your rights regarding the processing of your personal information.
Our Services are not directed at children under the age of 16.
If we learn that we have collected personal information of a child under 16 years old we will take steps to delete such information as soon as possible unless consent is given or authorised by the holder of parental responsibility over the child. If such consent is provided, the personal information will only be collected and used to the extent of the consent given.
This policy was last updated on 26 March 2019.
The terms “boxfox”, “us” or “we” refer to the owner of the website, BOXFOX PTY LTD (trading as boxfox). Our registered office is at Ground Floor 34 Church Street Abbotsford Victoria Australia 3067. Our ABN is 20 361 380 443. The term “you” refers to you, the user or viewer of our website.
- All content on this website is for general information and use only, and may change without notice.
- boxfox does not accept exchanges or returns if you change your mind.
- If you cancel your order before it is dispatched, boxfox will charge a 20% administration and processing fee and issue a store credit for the balance.
- boxfox cannot guarantee delivery times and will not be held responsible for any damages that may arise as a result of any delays in transport.
- Neither boxfox nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It is your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics on this site. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced on this website, which are not the property of or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time, this website may include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of Australia.