When it comes to gift-giving, presentation is everything. A beautifully decorated gift box can either add an extra touch of elegance and sophistication to your present, or simply provide an opportunity to have a lot of fun getting creative! Whether it is for upcoming birthdays or Christmas, here are four amazing gift box decoration ideas.
One way to make your gift boxes look much more interesting is by adding fabric bows:
- Start by taking the craft box you wish to decorate and secure the lid so it is firmly closed.
- Next, begin layering different patterns of wrapping paper along with two or three pieces of fabric across each other to create a cute pattern on top of your gift box.
- Once you have reached the desired height and width for your assortment of fabrics, secure them in place by using glue or double-sided tape.
- Finally, take a length of coordinating or contrasting fabric and tie it into a bow around the gift box's lid to hide any messy edges or glue.
Ribbon & Beads
Another of the more popular gift box decoration ideas is adding some ribbon and beads. This is a super simple way to decorate any plain craft box:
- Cut a length of ribbon that is at least twice the height of your gift box.
- Use hot glue to attach one end of the ribbon to the top centre of the box.
- Glue on a few beads, and then repeat the process on the other side.
- Finally, cut a piece of ribbon that is slightly larger than the gift box and tie it into a bow around the gift box's lid.
Wrap in Custom Wrapping Paper
If you prefer to wrap your gift boxes, then you can rarely go wrong finding matching or holiday-themed wrapping paper:
- Get organised by laying out your gift boxes so they are all facing in the same direction with their lids open. Make sure to leave enough space between each for wrapping paper and scissors. This way everything will be together when you're finished.
- Cut a large square of gift-wrapping paper that is at least twice as wide as it is tall. Tape or pin the gift boxes in place so they don't move around while you wrap the gift box itself.
- Begin tucking and folding the gift-wrapping paper tightly against each box, making sure to push down on any bows so they are flat against the gift box's surface.
- Once you've completed all of the gift boxes, we always like to cut a final piece of ribbon that is slightly larger than each gift box's lid and tie them into a bow around each box.
Paint & Glue Designs
If you're looking for an easy gift box decoration idea that doesn't require any crafting skills, try using paint and glue! This is a great option for both kids and adults, and can be tailored to fit any holiday or theme.
- Start by painting the gift box in your desired colour scheme. You can use either acrylic or craft paint for this step.
- Once the paint has dried completely, take some hot glue and add accents such as polka dots, stripes, or swirls. Get creative and make a design out of different combinations of colours of glue.
- Finally, cut out a piece of felt or fabric that is slightly larger than the gift box and attach it using glue. Again, we do this to conceal any unsightly edges and give your craft box an extra polished look.
Get in touch with our team at boxfox today to learn more about offering the perfect gift boxes!